Wi-Fi antenna setup is important and can have a big impact system performance. Following are some key factors to keep in mind when setting up at venue.
- Make sure there is clear line of sight between the antenna and the area where you will be watching video.
- Open windows when you possible. Wi-Fi can go through glass, however reflective coatings and other factors may reduce your range.
- Keep your antenna away from other Wi-Fi and communications equipment.
- Reveal systems use 5GHz Wi-Fi equipment. 5GHz Wi-Fi does not go through walls and other objects as easily as 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
- Antenna alignment – the Wi-Fi signal comes out in a from the front of the antenna in a 90 degree pattern. Right to left (horizontal alignment), picture a baseball field where home plate is the antenna. The strongest signal will be at 2nd base and the signal strength drops off quickly outside the 1st and 3rd base lines. Up and down (vertical alignment), the Wi-Fi is a fairly narrow wedge, so it’s important to tilt towards your bench / sideline. See the pictures below for examples.